Eighth Church of Christ, Scientist, Houston, Texas
OUR CHURCH SERVICES AND READING ROOM:
Given the revised guidance from our county and national authorities, the board feels that the wisest course of action now is to act as a good citizen in our community and suspend in person church services and close our Reading Room for the time being. We look forward to resuming traditional services as soon as wisdom dictates. Until that time, we will be offering virtual church services online.
Beginning Wednesday, March 25, at 7:30 pm Eighth Church will hold our first virtual church service and we invite you all to join us for a healing service in support of our community. Callers will also have the ability to share testimonies in the second part of the meeting. The church building itself will remain closed. The only way to attend will be by telephone or a connection over the internet from a PC, Mac, smartphone or tablet. Although we look forward to reopening the church for in-person services as soon as wisdom dictates, we are very grateful this technology will permit us to gather in this expression of church to worship and share.
- We will have the usual prelude music starting about 10 minutes before the service begins. As this will be a first experience for us, we suggest dialing in a few minutes before 7:30.
- During the first part of the service only the reader and musician will be audible. Participants will be put on mute and will not be able to unmute until the testimony portion of the meeting.
- Note, we will only be providing the music. Please feel free to bring your hymnal and provide the singing at your location.
- The system we will be using may already be familiar to some of you. We will be using FreeConferenceCall.com
- Click HERE to for instructions for joining our virtual church services.
We’re looking forward to connecting with our church family starting this Wednesday evening, the 25th. As this will be a new experience for us, please be patient if we have to polish off a rough spot here or there. Your prayerful support for this service (and all our services of course) is greatly appreciated!
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not
As a branch of The Mother Church in Boston, MA, this church shares its mission “…to commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing.” (Church Manual, p. 17)