Presented by Don Feldheim, author of Principles of Expressive Reading
February 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
1230 W Spring Valley Rd
Richardson, TX 75080
⇒ Visit the Event Website for all the details ⇐
Mary Baker Eddy says the Christian Science Bible Lesson is “…a lesson on which the prosperity of Christian Science largely depends.” Church Manual Art III, Sect. 1 (31:4)
While the bylaw is directed toward Readers in our churches, it’s also important for every student of Christian Science to thoroughly understand and effectively read—audibly and silently—our Bible Lessons.
This unique seminar will benefit any student of Christian ScienceReaders (former, current and future), the general membership, regular church attendees,and senior Sunday School students.
You’ll receive tools that will help you:
- deepen your scholarly understanding
- elevate scholarly understanding to heartfelt understanding
- gain the freedom to express the spirit of the word with heartfelt fervor
You’ll also learn about the reading standards set by Mary Baker Eddy and the Holy Bible, and get ideas about how our Bible Lessons can help us become better healers and ensure the prosperity of our church.
- Some of the more serious barriers that animal magnetism attempts to impose on our understanding of God’s Word, and on our reading from our platforms.
- The standards of effective reading—straight from the Hoy Bible and from our Leader, Mary Baker Eddy.
- How to set God’s word free from the pages on which it was written.
Both silent and oral readers will receive expressive reading “Tools for Understanding” that will help us:
- Improve a scholarly understanding of the text, and elevate that scholarly understanding to a more spiritual dimension of heartfelt understanding of God’s word.
- Identify clues writers have left—clues that reveal important insights into God’s inspiration.
- Pay special attention to the nuances created by the writers choice of words and the structure of their writing.
- Gain a clearer and deeper understanding of the heart and soul of the writer’s work.
We’ll also receive expressive reading “Tools for Delivery” that will help us:
- Use all our God-given communication tools to the best of our abilities.
- Deliver inspired messages with the same depth of feeling and richness of expression with which the writer might have actually spoken the words.
- Eliminate self-consciousness and learn how to “get yourself out of the way.”